Last month Belkin introduced the Thunderbolt™ 2 Express Dock HD with cable, a powerful docking solution for both Mac and PC computers. Equipped with two Thunderbolt 2 ports, it allows users to take full advantage of Thunderbolt 2 technology’s high-speed 20Gbps bandwidth, and provides reliable transfers between laptops and up to eight other devices using one single Thunderbolt cable.
Designed for PC and Mac, Ultrabook, laptop and desktop users, the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD helps increase productivity, portability and connectivity. With eight ports including support for HDMI®, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, audio and Thunderbolt 2, the Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD supports up to eight devices connected directly to the dock, with support for up to four more (five total) Thunderbolt devices through a daisy-chain setup. Display the clearest picture through either the HDMI or Thunderbolt 2 port at a resolution of up to 4K. The USB 3.0 ports open the ability to charge smartphones, tablets and other higher amperage devices, even when the host computer is asleep or not connected to the dock. It also offers Thunderbolt 2 data transfer speeds of up to 20Gbps, which is two times faster than Thunderbolt, four times faster than USB 3.0 and up to 25 times faster than FireWire® 800.
“Belkin’s Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD is an all-in-one solution that fully takes advantage of the Thunderbolt technology and creates endless possibilities for your setup,” said Melody Tescon, director of product management at Belkin. “Not only does it offer exceptional performance and greatest transfer speeds for creating and editing, but it also creates a more efficient work environment.”
“As consumer preference for a mobile and versatile workspace increases, Thunderbolt 2 continues to deliver unparalleled performance, flexibility and simplicity to personal computing,” said Jason Ziller, Intel’s director of Thunderbolt marketing. “Products like Belkin’s Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD help highlight what Thunderbolt 2 makes possible.”
Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD with Cable (F4U085bt)
- Connect 8 separate devices such as drives and monitors through a single Thunderbolt cable
- Two times faster than Thunderbolt, four times faster than USB 3.0 and 25 times faster than FireWire 800
- Compatible with Thunderbolt 2 and backward-compatible with Thunderbolt devices
- Supports dual displays (when one display is a Thunderbolt display)
- Supports 4K cinema resolution for up to 1 display
- Connect up to 8 devices directly to the dock, and daisy-chain up to 4 added Thunderbolt devices (The total number of devices supported through daisy-chain is up to 6 from your ultrabook, or up to 5 from the Thunderbolt 2 Dock.)
- Mac and PC compatible
- Brushed aluminum finish
- Includes 1M Thunderbolt cable
- Compatible with: Laptops/ultrabooks and desktops with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 ports
Equipped with the following ports
- Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- One HDMI Port
- Three USB 3.0 Ports + charging support
- One Audio Out Port
- One Audio Out Port with mic support
- One Gigabit Ethernet Port
- One AC/DC Power Input
Requires computers with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port as well as Mac OS® X v10.9 or later, or Windows® 7, 8 or later. Belkin’s Thunderbolt™ 2 Express Dock HD (F4U085bt) is available now at belkin.com and is planned to be available at Apple stores nationwide in October for an MSRP of $299.99 and includes a Thunderbolt cable.
At Belkin, we make people-inspired products and solutions. For nearly 30 years it has been our passion and our mission to create products that make people’s lives better, easier and more fulfilling. From wireless home networking and entertainment, to mobile accessories, energy management, and an extensive range of cables, Belkin products enhance the technology that connects us to the people, activities and experiences we love…
Our diverse and far-reaching product mix also includes high-quality security, infrastructure, energy and server-room solutions for public and private sector organizations. Our commitment to innovation, research and design has inspired over 2,000 products and 200 patented designs.