Hashtracking Inc. is pleased to share live data on hundreds of Olympic-related hashtags that the company has been tracking since the start of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
Several trends have emerged since the start of the Games. These include:
- Hashtag Hijacking: Hashtracking is following McDonalds hijacked #CheersToSochi Hashtag as well as the #LGBT hashtag, associated with the hashtag’s activist takeover.
- Hashtag Humor: Hashtags have provided comic relief throughout the games, as evidenced by the popular #OlympicPickupLines, #OlympicMovies and #SochiToilet Hashtags
- Political Hashtags: Commentary on #Putin and #Russia and #SochiProblems hashtags have highlighted regional tensions
- Virtual Spectatorship: Individual sporting event and ceremony hashtags like #OpeningCeremony, #SlopeStyle, #FigureSkating and dozens more invite second screen viewers to experience the Olympics in real-time from anywhere.
- Social Media Team Pride: From Canada’s #WeAreWinter to The US Team’s #GoTeamUSA slogan, Olympians are vocal online. Practically every nation participating is sharing their pride via team tagged tweets.
- Athletes working social platforms as well as Olympic podiums: Hashtags like #TeamTucker have sought to find dates for a lovelorn Olympian. Other athletes are using celebrity to save stray #SochiDogs. Fans & athletes seek to support a Lebanese Olympian and make a political point, via #StripForJackie
As hashtag news and trends continue to stream from the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, Hashtracking will be keeping tabs on and offering free access to all 400+ hashtags they are following via their Winter Olympics Super Tag Leaderboard located at https://www.hashtracking.com/events/olympics/.
About Hashtracking, Inc.: Hashtracking, Inc. provides real-time hashtag & cashtag tracking and intelligence that give subscribers instant access to actionable data, helping them to run more successful campaigns and gain greater insight into customer conversations. Hashtracking, Inc. provides full-featured drill down reports, which supply powerful hashtag and cashtag insight, including detailed contributor lists, influencer data and complete, searchable/filterable transcripts. Hashtracking, Inc. reports and graphics can be exported for use on websites and in presentations and/or shared on social media. For non-subscribers, Hashtracking, Inc. offers a Free Explorer tool which provides a quick and easy way for anyone to get a snapshot of recent hashtag activity.
For more information, visit www.hashtracking.com.
SOURCE Hashtracking, Inc.